How to manage permission for each item in form library?

• 31 July 2012
  • 2 replies

Badge +4

Hi There,

I have an InfoPath form working with K2 workflow (K2 blackpearl 4.5).

This is a HR related form. It only  allows restricted people to open it, namely, the person who creates form, the person's manager, and HR users.

Currently, I can popluate the form to Form Library, but everyone who has the read permission of the library can see and open the form.

I can have it done using functions in Microsoft.SharePoint.dll if using SharePoint Designer workflow.

But dont' have know how to do it by K2.

Thanks,

David

2 replies

Badge +4

Hi David,

After you upload the form to SharePoint, use a "SharePoint User Management" event (within your K2 process). 

- On the first screen, expand "Manage Permissions"

- Select "SharePoint List Item"

- Identify the specific document you want to change

- Adjust permissions.

HTH,

Tyler

Badge +4

Hi Tyler,

I does not work as expected in my test.

In my test, K2 process loaded file to library using account "K2 Workflow System - Development" which has full control of the library. the item name is called K2test.xml.

I follow your instruction, added an SharePoint User Management event called "SetPermissions". I choose the right sharepoint site url, and library. In "List or library item" field, I put K2test.xml.

In "Manage uers or group" screen, I browsed users and selected myself. Then selected "Contribute" in next screen. In "ShasrePoint permission inheritance" screen, I left it as default.

When K2 process run, "SetPermissions" event executed without error. But the permission of K2text.xml did not change.

Did I miss something?

Thanks,

David