Ok so not sure if this can be done. I have a list that is pulling in data (names of software) from a web form, and I have a SharePoint list with two columns (column A and column B names as well. I'm doing a bunch of regex stuff (thanks to Marian for so much help) and basically populating a Multiline column in my main list. Basically I want to have the workflow look at a column A of the SP software list (about 310 items) and the field in my list item that the workflow is firing on. So if the list item has the software name in any row in column A it pulls the software name from column B and puts it into a collection.
This make sense?
No apologies needed! Thank you for replying so quickly. The thing is Column A has a software name ie Notepad++ | 6.2 and column B has the name plus a package number in brackets, ie: Notepad++ | 6.2 - [SWP00DE2] now the web form that is populating the field has the former name I want to replace it (if it exists) with the latter. And it's a multi line field so it will have Notepad++ | 6.2 plus maybe 5 other pieces of software. Not all of which may eixist in my separate Column a/Column B software list. That make sense?
maybe following could work:
- read in multline list field into a variable
- read in SW list into a collections (each column to its own collection)
- loop over one of SW collection with for each loop. save current value and current index into variables
- get element from the other collection at the same index position into variable
- use regular expression action to replace texts within multiline text variable. search pattern should be based on variable that hold SW short name and replacement text should be based on variable that hold SW name with hat extra identifier.
- after the loop update multiline text variable back to multiline list field