Workflow - opening a worklist item and having it disappear from other worklists

Badge +2

I'm testing a very basic workflow with Start > Work > Finish activities.

The Work activity has a client event with the K2 role (which contains 3 people) as the destination. Everything else is defaulted and there is only 1 slot and one Approve action/outcome, a simple form has been added to the task URL which has a button to action the workflow.

The client event appears in all role users' worklists, which is great, but what I can't get it to do is disappear from the other role members' lists when I open the task from the worklist.

Is there a way for that to get that functionality, we have it in another app, but it's via the custom worklist service? In vanilla, is it only when the slot is filled that it will disappear from other worklists?

Apologies if I'm not very clear!

Thanks

2 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +8

You have one slot and using a role. My first guess is I suspect what is happening is the option to resolve roles and groups to users was not selected. K2 is treating the role as a user and by extension all the users in the role are the "same" person.

Leave the single slot, but resolve the role to users and test again. be sure to refresh the browswers of your other users to ensure you have the latest state of the workflow.

Second guess is you are using API and didn't est the allocate flag to true (not likely but also would cause this).

Third guess is the worklist filters where altered and not filtering allocated worklist items. In the Worklist the task item never actually goes away it just become filtered out based on the status of "allocated".

Hope this helps.

S.

Userlevel 1
Badge +8

You didn't mention what UI you are using? Smart Forms?