cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Nintex Newbie

Compare choice field and send email Sharepoint Nintex workflow

Jump to solution

I'm trying to create a nintex workflow that will look at one field in List1 and compare it to a multiple choice field in List2.  List1 has ID, Title, Field1 (single line of text).  List2 has ID, Field2 (multiple choice categories), and created by

When an item is created is created in List1 the workflow should see if Field1 is in Field2 and then email the created by person in List2 for that ID.  

EX:

List1:

1       This is the title       Food category

List2

1    Food Category, Shoe Category, Home Category     email1@email.com

2    Food Category, Yard Category                                 email2@email.com

3    Home Category                                                        email3@email.com

So in this example  email1@email.com  and  email2@email.com would be emailed.

I'm using a for each loop and a condition but I can't seem to get the email peice correct.  Has anyone tried something like this they could help show me a flow and what I could do for this to work?

Labels: (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
Nintex Newbie

Re: Compare choice field and send email Sharepoint Nintex workflow

Jump to solution
Hi
When item is created in list 1, from the list 1 workflow make list query to List2 with [choice fields] and email into a collection variable. And by using for each control and collection operation you can compare the value of filed1 and field 2. If field1 contains field2 then take the corresponding email. Hope you are familiar with collection operation.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos