How do I keep the fields from the Content Type in my Request Data action from appearing in the email notification?

Badge +7

I'm using the Request Data action and I have created a new content type and added only 1 field to it, "Repeat Code", and the value is stored in a variable. When the email notification goes out to the recipient, it includes text of the form at the bottom of the email (see attached). How do I make that go away? Switching to plain text didn't do it, so I switched back to Rich Text. My HTML text ends after my "dataOutputBody2_text" variable, so it isn't being thrown in there. I know what this is, it's the task form the recipient gets when they click on the link to respond to the task. Why is it showing up in my email notification?

6 replies

Badge +16

Can you show configuration of the request data action please?

Badge +7

Here you go.

Action 1.png

Action 2.png

Badge +16

Where do you define dataOutputBody2_text?

Badge +7

Earlier in the workflow, but I looked at that when I exported the verbose logging window. The content of the variable ends after the postal code and that's how it also appears in my HTML.

Variable from export:

Variable.png

HTML of Request Data action task notification:

Task Notification HTML.png

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

Hi,

I've seen a similar output when I have Lazy Approval enabled on the Request Data, from your screenshot it looks like Lazy Approval is not enabled on that environment, is it the same environment where you experience the issue?

In that case, that text part is there because with Lazy Approval you can fill the fields of a request daty simply by replying to the notification email and filling the brackets.

Giacomo

Badge +7

Actually, Lazy Approval was enabled and that's exactly what it was. I ran a test and entered my repeat code in between the brackets and it worked. I think that is confusing because it's not very well formatted. It's not intuitive, you'd have to explain to the recipient that they would have to hit reply, then enter the data in between the brackets. I turned off Lazy Approval.