Auto Populate Information

Badge +3

I have a form where I am asking for the input of a managers name in one field and am using a people picker. Here I can type in the manager's name or the manager's ID and it resolves to the name of course.

In another field which currently is a single line of text I would like to auto populate the managers ID.

The manager is not necessary the one filling out the form so I need to capture it off the people picker field. 

4 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Steve,

I've assumed you've using Nintex on-prem, SharePoint and you're ID field is a custom field in Active Directory.

Look at your SharePoint central admin, and the user profile properties for the custom attribute (id field). The attribute's default privacy policy will have to be set to everyone. - This means somebody else can fill out the people picker control and return the id value

Then you can use a userlookupprofile formula in a calculated value field i.e. userProfileLookup(PeoplePickerControl,"employeeID")

Andrew

Badge +3

Andrew,

I have tried this and have not had success. My guess is I am a little off or maybe a lot off! I have tried using the following formula in my Nintex form.

userProfileLookup(ManagerName,"AccountName").

I have also tried using the formula as a calculated field in the list to see if I could get it to work there to no avail.

ManagerName is the name of the peoplepicker field. Account Name is the location of the ID in the user profile I want to pull.

Any ideas where I am going wrong?

Badge +3

Okay I found the error of my ways.  The calculated field is selected on the form not the list. This works great. Next up is how do I strip leading characters off of what is returned. 

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

I'd need to see a screen shot to really see what you see, how ever, you could on the form have a calculated value with a formula - using the replace function - replace(People Picker,"[0-9]*;#","").I assume you see something like : -1;#i:0#.w|domain or in a workflow you can use a regular expression and a query ldap actions.

Regular Expression

LDAP

You'd need to alter the property field to get back what you're after.

Andrew