How to set automatic notification when expiry date is getting closer

• 6 October 2015
  • 5 replies

Badge +3

Hello,

I wanna know is it possible and how to set sending automatic email notification to user when expiry date is getting closer. For example I want to set workflow to send a notification to user 10 days before expiry date the user entered in the list. Can someone show me how it's done in workflow. Thanks!

5 replies

Badge +3

Create a site workflow, and schedule it to run one a day.

Query the list for items matching your criteria.

loop thru the result and generate emails.

Badge +11

Hi Matej Križnjak,

If you search on the community, you will find many similar questions and their resolutions. I would suggest you to create site workflow. Few ideas are here :

creation of a date reminder#by email in workflow or not

How do i initiate email reminder 30 days from the date in a field?

Hope it helps.

Badge +3

When I tried to create Scheduled Site Workflows it doesn't allow me to select a workflow for this schedule. How to solve that. I get a lot of new items in a list every day, and I want to start workflows automatically for every item in the list every day.

Untitled.png

Badge +11

Hi,

With the workflow scheduler, you can only select site workflow that have been published.

You will not be able to select list workflows to schedule from here. Within your site workflow, once you have the ID of the item that you want to start the workflow on, you will have to use Web Service action to start the workflow on that item or update a field on that list item which in turn starts the workflow (and workflow shoudl configured to start on item modification).

For web service action:

URL: Web URL/_vti_bin/NintexWorkflow/workflow.asmx

Web method: StartWorkflowOnListItem

itemID: the ID that you have from ForEach loop.

ListName: name of your list

WorkflowName: name of the workflow (string)

Hope it helps.

Badge +3

Hello again,

I resolve my problem, but still I have a small issues. I put a loop in my wf and pause it for 1 day because my timer job in central administration is arranged to start workflows every 5 minutes, so I need to use pause for. I want that workflow resume at 00:00 AM next day or even better in 06:00 AM next day, but that doesn't happen when I set a pause for (1) day. How do I solve this problem?