cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Cobalt.Error Exception

Hi,

Whenever I try to open the Manage Reusable Site templates section that navigates me to workflow gallery the error - "Cobalt.Error Exception" appears, Please help

6 Replies
Automation Master
Automation Master

Re: Cobalt.Error Exception

Please share a screen shot of this error. SharePoint and Nintex do not use Cobalt in their programming.

0 Kudos
Automation Master
Automation Master

Turns out its not a language but a process. Let's see where this fits with you.

SharePoint 2010 uses the File Synchronization via SOAP of HTTP API (FSSHTTP, or “Cobalt”) to transfer Office files between the WFE and the user. This API sends only the changes, however, once the user saves a document back to the SharePoint the WFE has to query SQL for the full file to compare and merge the change, then resaves the item back to SQL. When working with versions, each record in the table for a file’s version contains a full copy of the version (e.g., generally a 1 MB file with 10 versions takes up 10 MB of disk). SharePoint 2013 uses Shredded Storage to reduce this duplication of data and save only the changes made during an edit to the database. This in effect means a file could consist of several records in a database, the sum of all records constituting the current version.

Automation Master
Automation Master

Another question, do you have any custom event receivers on your site?

0 Kudos
Automation Master
Automation Master

Hi akdasin, hopefully you've resolved this outdated problem.
could you post a resolution and close the question by marking it answered?

cmikhaiel
Nintex Newbie

Can someone please explain in more details, what do we need to do to get this fixed? I'm encountering this error when trying to manually start a workflow on one item. 

0 Kudos
jeff
Nintex Newbie

Tried to publish a workflow a few minutes ago and got this error. Tried to publish a second time after waiting a couple of minutes and it went through, so no lasting problem or issue that needs to be resolved; just adding a scrap to this thread:

Cobalt Error

0 Kudos