Error while using the CreateProcessInstance method

• 13 June 2007
  • 6 replies

Badge +1

Hi,

I created a K2.NET process and am trying to create an instance of it through an ASP.NET page.

I get an error "4407 NT AuthorityNetwork Service from <<server name>> does not have rights to create <<ProjectNameProcess Name>>".

Not sure what rights are required for this. Please see code snippet below if required. Appreciate your help in advance with this. The connection is created successfully - but am unable to create the process instance

SourceCode.K2ROM.

Connection oK2Connection =

new SourceCode.K2ROM.Connection();

string connectionString = System.String.Empty;

connectionString =

";Authentication=Adminstrator;Domain=GIPACS;User=Administrator;Password=";

oK2Connection.Open(

"192.168.10.203", connectionString);

//Verify that connection is created correctly 

if (oK2Connection != null)

{

mbox();

}

SourceCode.K2ROM.ProcessInstance oProcessInstance;

oProcessInstance = oK2Connection.CreateProcessInstance("Trial ProjectTrialProcess", 3);

Appreciate your help in advance.

Thanks.

6 replies

Badge +11

Hi swatzy,

You'll need to make sure your IIS site is set to 'Integrated Windows Authentication' only and you should have a line similar to:

<system.web>

<identity impersonate="true" />

<system.web/>

in your application's web.config.

Also, please note that your Connection string in the above code snippet is wrong.  It should look similar to:

[;];Authentication=Windows;Domain=[Domain];User=[UserName];Password=[Password]

Once these changes have been done, you'll need to give this 'Administrator' user 'Start' rights to the specific process in K2.net Service Manager.

HTH,

Ockert 

Badge +1

Thanks Ockert - for some reason, I missed updating the credentails on the site in IIS. The Web Config entries and the rights in the K2.net Service Manager were in order.

I now need help with viewing the started instance - should it be visible in the service manager in Instances? Or do I need to give some additional rights for this?

Thanks much.

Badge +6

Hi,

To resolve the issue try adding the following line of code in the web.config file in the tag

<system.web>

<identity impersonate="true" userName="User" password="user@123" />

Badge +6

Hi,

To resolve the issue try adding the following line of code in the web.config of you web application from where you are creating the ProcessInstance

<system.web>

<

identity impersonate="true" userName="User" password="User@123" />

</

system.web>

Badge +6

Hi,

To resolve the problem please try adding the following line of code in the web.config of you web application

<system.web>

<identity impersonate="true" userName="User" password="User@123" />

</

system.web>

Badge +9

swatzy,

Assuming your process is active then yes you should be able to see a record of it in Service Manager Process Instances.  However Service Mgr only shows active processes (i.e. all processes that are not completed) so if you happen to a simple process that doesn't have any client events and finished very quickly you may not see a reference to it in Service Manager.

However you can use the Process Overview report K2 Workspace.  You will need to make sure the identity you connect to Workspace as has "View" rights for that process (as setup on Service Manager).