Pretty forms for pretty people

Badge +8

I'd like to start a discussion on making prettier forms. I think the idea is pretty simple. What are some tips, tricks, and guidelines you use to make your forms prettier than the standard pre-built? Bonus points for sharing screenshots!

3 replies

Badge +8

One thing I would like to know how people are doing is, How are you styling text boxes in which people do not enter information? I've got a textbox that I fill with information when doing a Web Request when the form loads. I would like style this different so people understand you do not type in it. I have it disabled, but I would like to make it more obvious that it's disabled.

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

One thing you can simple do is add a label with a title i.e. Office user. Change the control so it can't be edited etc.

One form I'm putting together I'm doing the following - using a panel and hiding it until all details have been filled out automatically and change it's background colour.

All labels are the same css, all fields are the same css. (yet I'm just using built in pre-sets). Hide what an end user doesn't need to see, until they see it.

Badge +7

Check out this CSS thread. Has a few formatting tips and tricks for forms...

https://community.nintex.com/message/56101-css-nintex-style