Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
bertjanvanderst
Nintex Newbie

Choice field outcome fails to validate other choice field

Jump to solution

I have created a form which contains two choice fields (Type melding is A, Categorie is B) presented as radio buttons. Field A has 5 options (1=Audit, 2=Feedback, 3=Environment, etc.), field B has a different number of options, depending op which option was selected in field A. Obviously, the two choice fields are connected to fields in SharePoint that are related.

I want to make choice field B mandatory depending on the choice made in field A. When choice 1(Audit) or choice 2 (Feedback) was selected in field A, field B must be selected. When choice 3, 4 or 5 was selected, field B is optional.

This is the validation rule that I associated to field B which doesn't do what I expect it to do. It seems to me that the outcome of the choice in field A is somehow not picked up. Note that this rule only checks for one of the possible values, to keep it simple. I want to add the second value once I get this working

and(equals(FieldA,"Audit"),isNullOrEmpty({Self}))

I've also tried this, where I replaced the text string value of choice 1 with the numeric value

and(equals(FieldA,"1"),isNullOrEmpty({Self}))

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Automation Master
Automation Master

Re: Choice field outcome fails to validate other choice field

Jump to solution
I have created a form which contains two choice fields

are they really choice controls? from screenshots they rather look like lookups...

It seems to me that the outcome of the choice in field A is somehow not picked up

make sure you select you selected 'FieldA' from 'Named Control' in formula builder and not from 'Item properties', nor typed it in manually.

ot proof check what does FieldA evaluates to, add a calculated value control on the form and set its formula to FieldAa

bertjanvanderst
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

Thanks, Marian. It turns out that the value of field A is returned as 1;#Value1 and 4;Value2, which is their position in the SharePoint list. You're right, this is a List Lookup control. I followed your advice, this works like a charm!

Automation Master
Automation Master

Jump to solution

great!

please mark correct answer.

0 Kudos
jpmhuls
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

Here you can use ParseLookup() to get the display value.

0 Kudos