Compile Window has disappeared

Badge +2
Hello all

My Compile Window has disappered from K2 Studio, and no amount of clicking on View->Compile Window is bringing it back.

As a result, I can't tell if my processes are successfully exporting.

What do I do?

Paul

9 replies

Badge +2
icon-quote.gifpaulh:

My Compile Window has disappered from K2 Studio, and no amount of clicking on View->Compile Window is bringing it back.

That's ungood.

The view options don't toggle, so you wouldn't be able to see it openning and closing. My thought is to close all the other windows, and see if it's not hidden off to the side or corner somewhere.
Badge +2
I've tried that - still nowhere to be seen...
Badge +2
icon-quote.gifpaulh:
I've tried that - still nowhere to be seen...

Pure Geek Response: can you increase your monitor resolution - maybe it got pushed just off screen?
Badge +2
But the window is maximised to the whole screen, so surely it couldn't push stuff off screen.

I can close all the sub-windows, with the solution window docked at one side, and when I click Export or Compile Window, it still doesn't come back.
Badge +2
It gets better...

I've just tried uninstalling and reinstalling K2 studio. The ting is that I don't want to uninstall K2 completely, because the install was really fiddly in the first place, what with a customised SQL User Manager and all.

But when I try to uninstall K2 studio, the installer thinks I'm trying to reinstall everything else, and tells me I'm not allowed since K2 is already installed.

Arg!

Does anyone know if its possible to reset the layout without uninstalling?
Badge +2
Humble Pie time...

I tried increasing the display resolution, PJ, and it did work! The compile window is back.

Repeat after me, Paul - 'always listen to people when they're trying to help you out'!

:oops:
Badge +1
Dear All,

Hello every body...

I have facing the same problem.
But, I am running K2 Studio using remote desktop. The K2 Studio running on Server.

In Remote Desktop I can't increase the display resolution. I can decrease the display resolution.

So increasing compiler window still disappeared.

Any body can help to overcome this problem?

Thanks...
Badge +11
I would try: http://kb.k2workflow.com/Articles/KB000104.aspx to get rid of the registry settings. Make sure the first time you open K2.net Studio after this procedure, is trough your Remote Desktop connection.

Hope this helps,
Ockert
Badge +1
Hello All,...

I have found the resolution for the problem.
In my case, I have resized the compiler window.
Put your mouse in the bottom side, upper status window. Drag upper side until compiler window has shown.

Regard,...

Usman