How do I delete all rows out of a repeating section?

Badge +1

Hello,

I have a repeating section on my form which I have been able to create with the help of the experts on this community.  I now need to clear all rows out of the repeating section when the user selects a different value in a SQL Control on the form.  I need to do this to ensure the information in the repeating row only applies to the subject matter in the SQL Control.  Any ideas or suggestions would be appreciated.  I am using Nintex Forms 2013 On Premise.

Thanks,

Mike

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

have you seen this comment?

JavaScript events in Nintex Forms

this might be the point you could start from.

NWF$('.nf-repeater-deleterow-image').click(function() ...

Badge +6

Hey Marian Hatala,

What about the last remaining row in the repeating section? It cannot be deleted by clicking the 'x' button...

Also, why can't we have 0 default/minimum rows in a repeating section? Nintex designer warns that it has to be >= 1!

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

that's by design.

you should ask NINTEX why they designed it that way.

Badge +6

Hey Marian,

So what happens if the values in the repeating section are read-only text, and the user wants to clear all entries?

They'll keep clicking on the remaining row's "x" button and nothing will happen?

Also, the NWF.FormFiller.Events.RegisterRepeaterRowDeleting event doesn't seem to be triggered if a single entry remains...