How do you restart a \Nintex live workflow queue service\" when it is stuck on \"starting\"?"

• 15 March 2017
  • 5 replies

Badge +5

Hi,

This is the message that has recently appeared in Central Administration:

How can I restart this service?  I found instructions at this location:  http://help.nintex.com/en-us/nintex2016/current/sp2016/InstallGuide/TRB-live-queue-svc-stuck-start.htm  However, these instructions appear to apply to SharePoint 2016 but we are running SharePoint 2013.  Does anyone know how to restart the Nintex Live Workflow Queue Service for SharePoint 2013?  Please advise and thank you!

5 replies

Badge +11

Hi Angela Kalmar

The same instructions are valid for SharePoint 2013 as well. 

Service stuck on "starting": Nintex Live Queue Service 

I recently came across this because i had the same issue in my DEV environment. Still working to resolve it.

You could try to stop the service from Services on Servers in Central Admin. If you have resolve the issue, please post your resolution here. Thank you.

Badge +11

Update on this issue. - Resolved for me.

I used powershell to try and stop the service. This did not help as the service went in unprovisioned state and then came back Online. received the below error in event logs:

Time out has expired and the operation has not been completed

I restarted timer and admin service, clearing the cache and resetting IIS. Did this first time but this alone did not help either. Then executed all the step followed by the reboot of server. Apparently the service in the Stop state now.

Thanks Mark Viglione‌ for your inputs.

Badge +5

Unfortunately, I'm not seeing the job definition (Provisioning Nintex Live Workflow Queue Service) indicated in the instructions.  That's why I thought they didn't cover SharePoint 2013.  Also, in Central Administration, the Nintex Live Workflow Queue Service appears to be started but in local services, it's not (it's stuck on "starting").  I'm going to start with a reboot of our servers and go from there....

Badge +5

As as follow up, I just wanted to mention that the reboot of our SharePoint servers resolved the issue with the Nintex Live Workflow Queue Service.  Everything is working now.  

Badge +2

Update on this issue:

Just recently had this issue. Not sure if this will work for everyone but it did save a reboot on a production server. I went into Task Manager and killed the Nintex Workflow Live Queue Service and then I was able to get the service started again. Everything is working just fine now.