cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Nintex Newbie

Checkboxes missing from multi-select control in New form created via Worfklow Designer

Using Nintex for SharePoint 2016, I created a new list workflow and in Workflow Designer > Workflow Settings > Edit Start Form > Edit with Nintex Forms, I'm working on a "Initiate Workflow" form.

Everything is working fine in the Designer and Preview mode, except that when I pull a multi-select control onto the Designer canvas, it does not display checkboxes.

In Preview mode, the control allows me to select multiple values using Ctrl-Left Click, but this will not be intuitive to my users, who will need a more obvious selection method:

NintexQuestion.JPG 

How can I display checkboxes with the text values?

I tried something similar to what I used to have to do in InfoPath ((shudder)):  I added a plain unconnected Choice control and it immediately showed the checkboxes with Option 1, 2 3:

anneliese_0-1591298375304.png

Unfortunately, after I connected it to my workflow variable, the checkboxes disappeared and only the value text showed as before.

If it matters, the workflow variable is set to Display Format:  List (Multi-Select).  I did not see any option for checkboxes.

I know I could break this into three yes/no checkbox questions instead, but I'd rather not have even more controls to fool with...

Thank you,

anneliese

Labels: (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Automation Master
Automation Master

Re: Checkboxes missing from multi-select control in New form created via Worfklow Designer

can you leave it unconnected and query xml the form data so that you can have your choice control as checkboxes with multi-select?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Nintex Newbie

Re: Checkboxes missing from multi-select control in New form created via Worfklow Designer

Thank you for your suggestion.  I ended up working around the issue by connecting the control directly to a SharePoint column rather than to a workflow variable.  Connecting to the new multi-select SP column resulted in checkboxes on the form control.

0 Kudos