SmartObjects not showing up in the Context browser

• 21 April 2011
  • 3 replies

Badge +3

Hello all

We have an issue on our development servers. Till yesterday I was able to see SmartObjects node in any context browser. But yesterday our server admin installed a patch from K2. (I am not sure what patch this is). After that installation, I don't see  SmartObject node in any context browser. 

Has any one seen this kind of behavior?

Thanks in advance.

KB

3 replies

Badge +5

Hi KB,

Are there any errors in the installation log? Any errors in the Windows event log? Have you tried restarting the K2 service? I'd also try running the K2 service in console mode (make sure you do a RunAs and use the service account credentials). The SmartObject server is a hosted service within the k2 server and it's accessed using TCP port 5555 - make sure that nothing has blocked the port.

HTH

Badge +11

If your server was updated with a newer K2 release, your development environment should also be updated to that release.

Badge +3

Thanks all for the replies. We noticed that the environment field for the smartobject server in the environment library was removed. We added it and the smartobjects started showing up in context browser again.