cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
burkslm
Nintex Newbie

Check the value of a checkbox

Jump to solution

I am using a SharePoint 2010 form. I have a checkbox value. I am trying to check what the value of that checkbox is in 2010 Nintex workflow. However, it only allows me to check for yes/no when the actual values are returning true/false. How do I handle this? It doesn't appear to be going into my If action. Ughhhhh!

Labels: (2)
0 Kudos
20 Replies
Automation Master
Automation Master

Re: Check the value of a checkbox

Jump to solution

Is this an Item Property? Can you show a screen shot. Sounds normal to have If Checkbox Equals Yes

0 Kudos
burkslm
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

Yes, it is a field on the SharePoint form. I would've thought this was straight forward and simple. It has the property of Yes/No. But when you go in to use the IF action, it makes you check for Yes/No as expected even though the values are returning True/False. You don't have the option to check for True/False. There isn't even a Boolean type if I wanted to create a workflow variable.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
burkslm
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

checkbox.jpg

0 Kudos
Automation Master
Automation Master

Jump to solution

So if yes, it goes down the True branch of the If condition. Does this not work for you? Can you put a log to history on each side and see what it's doing?

0 Kudos
burkslm
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

So if I select Yes in SharePoint, it returns True in the workflow instead of Yes and doesn't go into the IF action.

0 Kudos
Warwick
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

Have you actually run a test to confirm it doesn't work? Because I'm sure it will. Workflow knows what values are available for the column and displays them.

0 Kudos
Automation Master
Automation Master

Jump to solution

Oh this is a run if, Can you do this in a Set A Condition action, see if you get better results there first.

0 Kudos
burkslm
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

Yes I did and it didn't work.

0 Kudos
burkslm
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

Yesterday I just went ahead and changed the data type of the field from a Yes/No to a Choice because I had to hurry and get the solution out. I made the choices Yes/No. Then I was able to keep the Run If and have it work.

0 Kudos