cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Check Version of Nintex Forms

Jump to solution

Hi All

How to check the version of nintex forms installed in my environment?

Actually i want to validation rules for my Forms. But i am not able to find anything how to write validation rule using OOTB feature....

Dont want to use Javascript ? As some block says that in new version of forms we have validation rule functionality.

I am using nintex form 2010..

Please let me how to check verison of nintex forms installed and how to use validation rule  or should i go with javascript.

Thank You

Arvind

Labels: (3)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
9 Replies
Not applicable

Re: Check Version of Nintex Forms

Jump to solution

Hi All,

I am able to find the version of the nintex forms it is 1.4.1.0... So for this version we dont have validation rule ..

I need to use V1.5.2.0 to use validation rule .

Please let me know which is best option validation rule or javascript ?

Thanks

Arvind

0 Kudos
Workflow Hero

Jump to solution

What goal do you want to achieve by using validation rules and/or javascript?

In general javascript is not a good option for making client side validation as it is easy to bypass. But I have to admit that I don't have much experience with validation rules either.

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Hi Enrico,

I want to make my controls as mandatory.. If the control value is empty before submission they should get alert to update the mandatory fields?

0 Kudos
Workflow Hero

Jump to solution

Hey Arvind,

I'd stick to the validation rules then as I prefer using built-in technologies instead of writing own javascript code.

Besides this it's always a good idea to update your nintex installation (current one is 1.7.0.0) as a lot of things get fixed with each version. With doing this you will have the validation rules abilities already installed.

Kind regards,

Enrico

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Hi Enrico,

Thanks for the Info..

0 Kudos
Workflow Hero

Jump to solution

Hello,

I want to add that making the column fields in your list as "required" will also make the connected items on your form required.   Furthermore I agree that using the Validation Rules on the form is a great and easy way to control and customize the messages your users will see.

Thanks,

Mike

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Jump to solution

HI Mike,

The problem in Nintex forms when we make columns as required field in the the list itself , Then page will postback when we will click on any button and later it shows the validation error (Mean to say that its a server side validation ) and if you have any attachment attached then if validation fails that attached document will get lo due to server side validation.

So i want to use client side validation which will not let the attachment to loose. So the best option for me with this is Javascriprt.... But i want to try validation rule to check how the validation works when we use vaidation rule...

Please share your thoughts

Thanks,

Arvind

0 Kudos
Workflow Hero

Jump to solution

I think using Validation rules is a great option if it is available to you in your version of Nintex Forms. JavaScript would serve you equally well, but is slightly more complex to implement for some end users.  Either approach will get you to your goal.

0 Kudos
Workflow Hero

Jump to solution

Can you select a correct answer to close this one out?

Thanks

0 Kudos