fn-XMLEncode truncates string at comma

• 20 January 2016
  • 4 replies

Badge +7

I have a test list set up with a "Title" field and an "escape value" field (single line of text field), and then a workflow that runs when an item is added or updated. The workflow takes the value of the title field, performs an fn-XmlEncode function on it, saves it to a text variable, the updates the item's "escape value" field. The test is indicating that the function fn-XmlEncode truncates a string containing a comma. If I enter "Hello, world" in the title of a list item, the "escape value" field ends up with simply "Hello". Am I doing something wrong here? Here's the setup with a screen shot of the results:

Workflow view of the workflow

workflow1.png

The build string action escapes the title field and saves in a variable.

workflow2.png

The update item action updates the "escape value" field with the variable value.

workflow3.png

And here is the result for different strings. Comma seems to truncate the string and of course not encode the comma.

workflow4.png

4 replies

Badge +7

Well, actually a comma doesn't need to be encoded at all. What's weird is the fact, that the string is cut off. This seems to be an error - so you might want to open a support case on this.

Badge +7

Thank you. I made an edit to the post to focus on the truncation problem and will submit a support request.

Badge +7

Apologies...I never submitted that support ticket. I have just done so and will post the results when I get them.

Badge +7

Thank you Andrew, that worked.

2016-05-11_18-54-52.png