Email all destination slots when one slot approves

• 5 October 2006
  • 4 replies
  • 1 view

Badge +8
In our process there is an activity that requires five users to approve it. If I use slots it is my understanding that each slot creates a temporary copy of the process that is available only to that slot.

What I need to have happen is that as each slot approves the activity the other slots for that activity are notified of the approval.

Any suggestions?

4 replies

Badge +13
There are prob other elegant solutions but you could create 5 process data fields to store the 5 email addresses whenever a slot is taken by a person, and upon each approve, send the emails to those data fields that are populated with email addresses. Or 1 field with ; separator for multiple email addresses.
Badge +8
The problem lies in the sending email upon each approve. How do I get an email event to fire after the approve if the process does not move to the next activity until all slots are approved? If I add an email event after teh infopath event will it wait until the infopath event is complete before firing the server event?
Badge +13
I don't know about InfoPath event holding it up, but I am assuming for regular client event if the slot is finished it should kick off the event after it for each slot.
Badge +8
Well it does kick off the email. The problem it only sends the email to the destination user of that slot and not of all the slots. I hate to hardcode that in but I may have to.