cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Change window title Nintex Forms

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

We are looking into a way to customize the window title of the browser windows of Nintex Forms.

Is there a way to do this?

For the moment it is very confusing for an enduser when he has multiple windows open:

windowTitles.png

Via javascript it is not possible since Nintex Forms are loaded via an iFrame.

script.png

Unless there are maybe javascript callback funtions outside the iFrame?

Anyone has a solution for this? By the way, this is in Nintex Forms for Office 365.

Thanks in advance!

Kind regards,

Davy

Tags (1)
15 Replies
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Change window title Nintex Forms

Jump to solution

Davy,

So I will be funny but kinda serious...why would you even want to do such?  Honestly, I don't think Nintex would like you playing with their product to that degree. 

Okay just kidding.  But really, being in O365 is challenging in itself let alone trying to help users.  The easier solution is to help your users understand how to manage their browser windows.  Keep in mind that the Forms does not have an autosave feature built in (at least not yet), so leaving the form open may not be a good thing.

Also the user could use the short key on the keyboard to switch between browser tabs.  Basically what I'm saying is, the problem isn't one with Nintex not allowing users to customize the window, but rather users understanding how to use their browsers.  Hope thats not too mean to suggest.

Not applicable

Jump to solution

I would very much like to know the same. Not for the reason of multiple versions of the same form but what if users are playing with different forms within SharePoint and what about company branding on our own site pages? This restriction does not allow that.

Thanks

0 Kudos
andrewg
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

That's not a bad idea. I like the reasons given here. I would add that to the UserVoice 4 - Nintex Forms for Office 365: Hot (61 ideas) – Customer Feedback for Nintex as a suggestion. Maybe it can be added in the layout settings for configuration. But at the moment, because it is an Add-in, it displays this way and is difficult to change manually.

dan_stoll
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

I had success using this with Nintex Forms Live.. just paste into the Custom JavaScript area in the form settings.

document.title = 'YOUR TITLE';

andrewg
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

I tried this in Forms for O365 and it didn't change the title.

dan_stoll
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

Yeah after testing it.. didn't work works for Nintex Live Forms though

0 Kudos
andrewg
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

Ah well, has anyone added this to uservoice yet?

0 Kudos
john_liu
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

Dan Stoll prodded me and I wrote up a blog post about how to hack O365 and get this to work.

Set Window Title in Nintex Forms for O365 — John Liu .NET

dan_stoll
Nintex Newbie