Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Not applicable

Change value of dropdown dependant on checkbox

Jump to solution

hi all,

is it possible to change the default value of a drop down box if a yes/no checkbox is ticked?

I've looked at the rules but can't see a way to do it.

Labels: (2)
0 Kudos
6 Replies
Automation Master
Automation Master

Re: Change value of dropdown dependant on checkbox

Jump to solution

Paul Crawford​ right up your street

Automation Master
Automation Master

Jump to solution

You could probably do this with a calculated value. Is this a choice field or a lookup field? Choice field should be straight forward.

Sorry, I don't have Nintex available to me at the moment (Nintex if you want to sort out some sort of developers license for us freelancers so we have it at our disposal even when our customers don't, that would be great).

But I would have thought a Calculated value that checks the value of your Boolean and then sets the default value of the field it's connect to based on this would do the job. Have a play yourself, or some nice person with Nintex can actually demo this for you.

Not applicable

Jump to solution

thanks Ryan,

i will play with the default value i thought it wouldn't change if the value changes but will have a look see if this works the way i need

thanks

0 Kudos
Automation Master
Automation Master

Jump to solution

Maybe not the default value, but if the calculated value control is connected to your column it should make the change as it's an inline control.

View solution in original post

marnita
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

I have this same question. What did you do to make this work? Thanks.

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Jump to solution

‌, did you get a resolution on this? If so, can you mark the best answer correct? It's helpful for other community members who use search for similar questions. Thanks!

0 Kudos