isNullOrEmpty not working on text field

• 16 December 2015
  • 7 replies

Badge +8

I have a simple text field that I want to hide when another field is empty. I have a calculated field on the form and it is showing the evaluated field as empty, but the panel is still not hiding.  Any suggestions? [red is the calculated field, blue is the field that is supposed to disappear].  Using version 2013 2.7.0.0

Thanks,

Jennifer

Nintex Forms 2013 ( 2.7.0.0 )

7 replies

Badge +9

Please show us formatting rule for panel.

Badge +8

Sure; the blue field is the FormStatus

Thanks,

Jennifer

Badge +8

Sorry...RED field, not blue.

Badge +6

Hi,

Just checking, but the rule is definitely applied to the Voucher Document number panel? And the same field is attached to the panel, not just sitting in front? Is the same rule applied to multiple controls on different panels? This sometimes causes unexpected behaviour.

I would try to add another calculated field or label with a formula to simply display whether the IsNullorEmpty is truely being triggerred on your calculated field.

Cheers,

Mark

Badge +8

Thanks for the suggestion, that really helped finding the issue. Here was the issue, I was using the Named Control field instead of the Item Properties field.  So how do you know when to use which?

Thanks,

Jennifer

Badge +6

Hi,

Glad I could help! It shouldnt really matter if you are using a named control or a Item property - as long as they hold the value you are looking to assess. I ensure that I don't name any controls the same as any item properties to avoid confusion.

Cheers,

Mark

Badge +2

Hey Jennifer,

you use named controls, when they change during editing the form, because in the Item Properties there are the old value. The values will sent to sharepoint when you click on Save.

I have a example for you:

We designd a workflow starts on itemcreation, that split the filename by the separator "_" and writes it in the item properties.

in the Upload dialog, the fields are emtpy. If you refresh via Javascript, the fields are filled.

If you calculate a value based on the item properties, it could be that the fields are empty after the upload dialog.

So you can compare the input value (Named Controls) with the Item Properties.

Cheers

Christof