Strange Behavior of BP installation Process

• 10 December 2007
  • 7 replies
  • 1 view

Badge +5

Hi,

I have faced this problem many times and I can only solve it by restarting the setup process.

Here is the details:

During the installation process of K2BP "Configuration Manager" which includes database files installation, the Configuration Manager dialog seems to be frozen, which means there is no indication whether the installation process has been passed or not. Sometimes, when I click on the frozen part "For example, Database configuration row" that dialog gets refreshed and the process status gets the latest status. Most likely, I have to interrupt the process and re-configure the application from the beginning all over again.

Has anyone faced such a problem?

Regards,

Saleh

7 replies

Badge +8
Are you running it on a local computer or using Remote Desktop? I faced this on a remote server, and it seems to be a WPF bug.
Badge +5

I thought the same thing about the WPF bug... 

First, I faced this problem in a Remote Desktop session. Also, I tried to mitigate it through a console session, but I had the same issue.

Badge +4

Did you physically sit at the console -- or using a RDP console session?

If the latter, I have had the same problem.

<Cato />

Badge +8

Do you mean mstc /console ? Because in this case, the graphic rendering is the same as a "classic" remote desktop connection.

Badge +5
There's no RDP involved, I was physically connected through KVM switch.
Badge +8

Oh... Then I must admit I can't help, as I don't have the required hardware to test this. Sorry!

Badge +5

Eventually, if you restart the setup process, you will not have a problem at all, even if you run it from an RDP connection "RDC"..,

Anyway, thanks for your efforts!