cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Change List lookup control default value column

I am working on Nintex forms project , we have a case that requires the following specifications :

1- Add list lookup control and bind to SharePoint list .

2- We call a web service returns data from oracle database (external database ) returns data , the lookup data returned are the IDs of lookup items in the oracle database 3- In the run-time I need to bind the lookup id returned from the web service to the list lookup control .

The issue :

Nintex forms list lookup item takes the item (ID) column by default to be the item value in the rendered  HTML drop down .

how can I make the lookup control take another column (example : mapID) to be the item value?  (note the figure below for more details )

ssssss.png

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Automation Master
Automation Master

Re: Change List lookup control default value column

Hi Abid,

in the control settings page of the List Lookup control you can choose a "List column name" to determine which column will be rendered. Capture.JPG

Does this work for you?

Regards

Philipp

Highlighted
Not applicable

Re: Change List lookup control default value  column

Actually after digging a little bet , this feature is available in "Web request" control  , but My dev license appears to for (Standard) forms , while this option is for Nintex Enterprise forms .

Your answer is for "Display Field" option , but isn't there a way to customize "Value " field ?

0 Kudos
Automation Master
Automation Master

Re: Change List lookup control default value  column

I think this is not possible, but that's sharepoint restriction.

how I see it, you have two data sources - one is sharepoint list (lookup) and second one is database. so what you basically need is a mapping of keys between two datasources.

you do not described any further details what

In the run-time I need to bind the lookup id returned from the web service to the list lookup control

should mean, so it's hard to elaborate what approach might be better to resolve your needs.

practically I would see 3 possible ways how to approach it

- add one another field to the sharepoint lookup list like 'database ID' an maintain mapping there

- you can define mapping table/function in database and ensure it directly return sharepoint keys

- you can implement mapping logic (javascript, calculation ...) directly in form

you have to decide what the most suit you

0 Kudos