cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
franco89
Nintex Newbie

Change Content Type Control - Breaking SharePoint

I'm having a bizarre issue with the Change Content Type control.

I have a library with multiple Content Types. When I use the OOTB SharePoint form I have no issue.

The minute I try to add a nintex form to the default content type and apply it, I get the following problem:

-Upload a doc, try to change the content type from the drop down. Fill out all required metadata. Click Save.

-Content Type change is not applied, still says it's the default content type (top one in the list).

I have run dozens of scenarios and this always breaks when I try to add a simple nintex form, even if it's the default layout without any changes except adding the content type selector control.

Any ideas?

Tags (1)
6 Replies
franco89
Nintex Newbie

Re: Change Content Type Control - Breaking SharePoint

Forgot to add. This only occurs with Office 2013 files (pptx, xlsx, docx)

jcorbin
Nintex Newbie

Same exact thing is happening to me and it does appear to only be Office 2007 files.

I'm wondering if anyone found a fix for this.

stevebnc
Nintex Newbie

I will just add that I have found the same thing today. The control does not actually update the content type on my .docx or .xlsx files but will on a .pdf. This can't be the way it should be functioning.

I too wonder if there is a solution for this.  I am using 2.3.3.1. Is this being experienced on other versions?

0 Kudos
franco89
Nintex Newbie

I am glad I am not alone! Version 3.1.9.0 here.

I am seeing this on version, it seems to have something to do with the new office OpenXML format but only with Nintex forms, not ordinary SP forms.

0 Kudos
allan_knudsen
Nintex Newbie

Is there any update on this? i'm facing the same issue, and it is really critical that you cannot change the content type.

@Nintex, any official response to this?

0 Kudos
schneika
Nintex Newbie

After two Years no fix for the broken Content Type Switch Control in NINTEX Forms?

0 Kudos