Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
mai-kel
Nintex Newbie

Cascading (dropdown) selections not always (!!!) working

Jump to solution

Hi there,

I have a problem with one of my Nintex forms.

I have three categories, which depend on each other:

Kategorie 1. Product category

Kategorie 2. Product

Kategorie 3. Product details

All of this information is written into one big table:

2.PNG

So if you choose "Service" as a Kategorie 1 you can choose "Kommunikation" or "Umzug" as Kategorie 2. This is working:

3.png

Selecting "Kommunikation" leads to options "Benutzer" and "Postfach" for Kategorie 3. Everything fine up to now. This is also working for different Kategories.

4.png

BUT for Kategorie 1 "Vorhaben" this is not working, at least when it comes to Kategorie 3.

So, first step selecting "Vorhaben" leads to correct selections within Kategorie 2:

5.png

There is only "Neue Software" to select for Kategorie 2 if you choose "Vorhaben" for Kategorie 1 (see table above). So far so good.

But the problem I have is with Kategorie 3 here. You should be able to select "Softwareentwicklung" and "Softwareauswahlverfahren" (also see table on top). But unfortunately I am not able to select anything:

6.png

As I already mentioned in most cases everything is working fine, but in this special case not. I do not know what could be the reason for that.

Here are the two config settings of the two lookup fields:

Kategorie 2

7.PNG

Kategorie 3:

8.PNG

Maybe you have an idea?! I am clueless. Smiley Sad

Cheers

mai-kel

Labels: (1)
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Nintex Employee
Nintex Employee

Re: Cascading (dropdown) selections not always (!!!) working

Jump to solution
Hi,
The key to cascading lookups is the setup of the lists.
Having one list is not how it’s done.
Please see the three tier lookup tutorial here:
https://community.nintex.com/t5/Community-Blogs/Three-Tier-Cascading-Drop-Downs-Do-Go-Chasing-Waterf...
0 Kudos
mai-kel
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution
Hi Simon,

Thanks for your fast response. I know the article and that was also my first approach. But customer was not happy with three different lists, so we put everything into one list. And as I mentioned, in 99% everything is working fine. So maybe there is also a way with only one list?!

Cheers
mai-kel
0 Kudos
Nintex Employee
Nintex Employee

Jump to solution
I always use multiple lists when doing cascading drop downs as this is the correct way to do it.
If this could be done with just one list which would be easier and more efficient you would find a tutorial on this site on how to do it but you will not.
What your customer wants and what is technically possible are two different things in this instance.
0 Kudos