cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Re: Cascading drop downs and Nintex Forms for SharePoint

Jump to solution

Hi Adi Narayan‌,

You may be better served by asking a question in the Getting Started‌ space. 

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Frank

Probably you didn't see the context. This is related to Cascading Drop Downs. 

My problem is not with Getting Started. I was able to import 2 SharePoint lists as Drop Down Lists. Without filter as explained above, I was able to see items in both Drop Downs. When I apply the filter, then items in my second list are disappearing.

I checked the spellings and they look exactly correct.

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Hi, ‌,

You are IN the Getting Started space. If you want more people to see your question and get help, click the words "asking a question" in my reply above, and you'll start a new question that will show up in people's feeds and likely get a better response.

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Brad, I've converted the field into Lookup filed and I still face the problem. Where else I can check?

0 Kudos
tchan
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

Hi, thanks for this helpful video and post! I know you can link the cascading dropdown to a column in a list, but does it matter if the column being linked is set up as a single line of text vs. a lookup from a different list? I seem to be having trouble with the latter.

0 Kudos
ndterri
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

Thanks for this post and the replies to all the questions.  It has been very useful for me.  I've successfully created cascading lookup of 3 fields on my item form.  I've linked the fields to columns in my list.  Now I'd like to take it one step further, and haven't been able to get this next step to work ... I'd like to add the same fields to a workflow Flexi task form.  For example, the task will be assigned to the originator's manager.  I'd like to give the manager the option to update the original submitted lookup field values from the Flexi task form.  I've successfully added the lookup fields to the Flexi task form, and it shows the submitter's selected values.  But when I try to change the lookup field's value, it gives me ALL the list entries, not just the "filtered" ones that the lookup list is supposed to select. 

For Example:  If I refer back to the original example in this post, with the States and Cities.

If the originator selected State = WA, and City = Perth.  That gets saved correctly on the item form and also populated correctly on the Flexi task form.  However, if I go to change the City value from the Flexi task form, the field gives me the choices of ALL the cities, not just the WA cities.

Is there a setting I'm missing on the Flexi task form to get this to work, or does it need to be implemented totally different than on the item form?

0 Kudos
Automation Master
Automation Master

Jump to solution

it should work in task form too, but please create new question for you problem.

rafalp
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

Agree. Please add information about the columns in both list as this is causing a lot of confusions now.

0 Kudos
burkslm
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

This is just what I needed!

Lisa

0 Kudos