cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Not applicable

Re: Cascading drop downs and Nintex Forms for SharePoint

Jump to solution

Hi Emily, as i wrote i have the trial for O365. How is it possible to do cascading with that version and NOT the on-Premise? And if it is not possible, when will it be available in the version that i have?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Not applicable

Jump to solution

In Nintex Forms 2013 for Office365, while the "List Lookup" action is available, it does not include the "Filtering" component, and therefore cascading drop down cannot be done here.

Alternatives are http://www.markrackley.net/2014/05/20/cascading-drop-down-lists-in-sharepoint-office-365-using-rest/

I cant wait till this features comes to 365.

Highlighted
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Can I add javascript to in the form settings to achieve the cascade, when I don't have onprem NW 2013?FormSettings.PNG

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Hi Omar, with the version you are trialing (Nintex Forms for Office 365) you are unable to create cascading drop downs. Cascading drop downs are planned on the roadmap but might be some time away. You can find the suggestion on our feedback site here. Please leave comments, and vote for it if you'd like.  

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

There is a major issue with this functionality in Nintex Forms 2010 version 1.5.2.0 (current release as of this post).

The issue is that once the parent column value (State) is selected in the form, it prompts the form to refresh. After the refresh occurs, all data present in the attachments control will be erased. Furthermore, attachments are not able to be added until the form has been reloaded and the parent column value has not been modified. This does not affect attachments that have been previously saved to the item. It is present on New and Edit mode.

Is there a workaround to this issue? It is wreaking havoc on my client's environment and was not discovered until after both production environments had been upgraded.

Not applicable

Jump to solution

Hey Josh, the most recent release for NF2010 was v1.5.4.1 yesterday . The issue you are experiencing was addressed in v1.5.3 and is included in future builds. You can access the new version on our Product Downloads page. For what's been included in the latest builds, have a look at the Nintex Forms 2010 - Release Notes‌.

Cheers

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

Thanks Emily Billing I should have figured my bookmarked Nintex Forms version history was out of date based on there being an entirely new Nintex site. I knew I had read about Forms updates since!!

I see that there is a Nintex Forms - Known Limitations and Behaviors document posted, but hasn't been updated since August. How accurate is this, or is there another way to find this information?

We keep introducing more bugs while upgrading and just want a version that is stable.. I'd like to read all the known bugs in these versions so that I can make an informed decision in regards to the upgrade. I am not comfortable just moving forward with 1.5.3 or 1.5.4.1 when I have no idea what problems these versions will introduce next.

Thanks for your help.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Not applicable

Jump to solution

No worries! You can now bookmark the new version history doc I've also created a post on how to subscribe to receive email notifications about new product releases, which might be useful as well Customizing your Community Activity Stream

I've passed on your comments to the product team about the Nintex Forms - Known Limitations and Behaviors‌, it's accurate up to August, but will see if we have more updates to make to it.

Highlighted
Not applicable

Jump to solution

We have the same problem (After the refresh occurs, all data present in the attachments control will be erased) with forms 2013 Version 2.5.0.0

Any ideas?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Hi Omar El-Chal​ and Andrew Huddleston​ I know you've been waiting awhile but good news, cascading drop down functionality is being released next month with the next release of Nintex Forms for O365. Keep an eye out for it