cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rogerb
Nintex Newbie

Cascading Fields from Lookup Field

I have a lookup field on a form. With that lookup field there are several secondary fields that I want to have autopopulate some read only textboxes when an item is selected. I KNOW that I have done this in the past, but I am at a loss with how to recreate it now! TIA for your help!

Labels: (1)
0 Kudos
6 Replies
Nintex Employee
Nintex Employee

Re: Cascading Fields from Lookup Field

You can add a Calculated Value control to the form and configure the Formula to use the Lookup runtime function.  This allows you to use the value of the lookup field in the Lookup runtime function pull and display data from a list.

Here's the format for the Lookup runtime function:

lookup(list title, column to filter on, value to filter on, output column)

0 Kudos
Highlighted
rogerb
Nintex Newbie

Thanks Eric! I will give that a go!

0 Kudos
rogerb
Nintex Newbie

Just to be clear, I want to reference additional columns from the lookup I've already established in SharePoint (example below).

lookup.JPG

Then I would have thought I could populate another field by setting the default value to one of the other fields already in the lookup (example below), but the values are not populating to the fields.

default value.JPG

0 Kudos
Automation Master
Automation Master

This combination is not going to work...

these 'additional fields' are not available in NEW form since nothing is yet stored in sharepoint so they do not have a source where they could be populated from.

on the other hand, default value is only evaluated and populated in NEW mode, not in EDIT mode.

0 Kudos
rogerb
Nintex Newbie

So I could instead populate those fields in a workflow upon submission. That may be what I'll have to do.

0 Kudos
Automation Master
Automation Master

or may use lookup() function on form

0 Kudos