Running Workflows need another approval when changes are made in the approval the workflow

• 23 July 2020
  • 3 replies

Badge +1

Hello all,

For an approval flow (before through mails) I created a nintex workflow in sharepoint. This works perfectly, but for the coming holidays I need to change some people in the workflow because they are out of office. I did change the name of one approver and published the workflow. But there are still running workflows on the old version and now the workflow requests (see snip below) another approval from the new person, but the approval was already given by the former approver.

I included a snip for a part of my workflow and a snip for the configurations of the approval.

Could you please help me, so no second approval is necessary if one approval is already given?

Is the cause, the button "all must approve" that needs to be "Only one approval is required"?

8472iC7412DF8AC9F76DF.png

8473iFA782F2FDD60FEA8.png8474iD4544917E9F7BD5C.png

3 replies

Badge +4

you can have the user who is going on holiday to delegate all new tasks to someone else or you can do it on their behalf:

• go to the root of the site collection
  • click on your account name on the sharepoint top ribbon
    the last option will be Nintex Task delegation (if you are a site collection admin you can delegate tasks for other users)
  • choose the dates for the delegation and Nintex will take care of

this doesnt work for tasks that have already been assigned before the delegation

Hoping this helps

Badge +1

I get this, and it works. But the problem is with running workflows.

In the meantime I solved it, I made a condition (workflow setting) in the conditions whereby the value to start the workflow is set to the default value of a certain item. The value of the field item will change throughout the workflow, thus the default value is never the same as the value at the end of the workflow. So the workflow will not restart, because it will only (re)start if the default value is set.

Note: the value of the field is blocked from editing.

Badge +4
to make it easier for your self instead of change the workflow every now and then try to use Workflow constants in the approvers field, if you dont know what that is check the below:

https://help.nintex.com/en-us/nintex2010/help/workflow/RootCategory/Designer/Nintex.Workflow.WFConstants.htm

place the constant in the aprrovers field and every time you want to change it you dont have to amend the workflow, you just go to Central Admin and under the Nintex administration you will find your workflow constant and you can change the account of the constant.

this approach is very good when you deploy a large number of workflow and some on leaves the business all you have to do is change the constant and thats it no need to change all workflows