cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Cannot customize form for Request Review inside UDA

I would like to customize the form used for the Request Review action. I would like to make the comment field required. This is simple to do in a workflow. However, the Request Review action is in a UDA. I do not get the option to customize the form when the action is in a UDA. Is there a way to accomplish this customization within a UDA?

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Nintex Employee
Nintex Employee

Re: Cannot customize form for Request Review inside UDA

Hi Nathan,

I've tried a few ways to find a work around for this, including building custom content types and trying to configure the Nintex Form for them, but it looks like it's simply not supported.  It seems that to be able to customize a form in that manner, the action needs to be in a specific workflow and not in a generic UDA.

You may be able to get around this with an Assign a ToDo Task, since you get to specify the Content Type.

If this is something you think is valuable, please add it to http://nintex.uservoice.com

Thanks,

Vadim

Highlighted
Nintex Newbie

Hi Vadim,

Thank you for your answer and your hard work in the Nintex community!

Given that limitation what would you suggest if there are about 30 actions in a pack that need to be reused multiple times (about 15 times) in a process and one of those actions is the Flexi Task. Unfortunately customizations to the Flexi Task form are required in my project. I am also using Nintex Forms.

Regards,

Martin

Highlighted
Nintex Employee
Nintex Employee

Hi Georgi,

How customized must the form be for each task?

Is the general email and task form fairly identical, other than user information, or are these completely different tasks and forms?

The reason I ask, is that the Flexi Task will let you configure the email and the form and you could potentially make them customized for users.

Since you probably don't know who you will be assigning tasks to at design time, and instead, be figuring that out in the workflow at run time, you could do something like this.

Store each user/approver in a separate variable. Then in the Flexi Task action, add the variables to the approvers field:

FlexiUserVariables.png

What this will let you do, is then click on Task Notifications in the ribbon and instead of customizing the Task Notification for All Assigneers, you click on the drop down and select the variables.  This will let you do some customizing of the email for each user.

FlexiCustomizeEmailForUser.png

With the Task Form, since you have access to the Nintex workflow variables, you'll be able to tweak the form to cater for the user the task is assigned to.

Not ideal, but maybe it's something that could help you.

Vadim

Highlighted
Nintex Newbie

Thank you!