cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Not applicable

Cannot add Snippets to Reusable Workflow Template

Good morning

I have a very complex workflow associated with a regular Sharepoint List. I need now to "generalize" this workflow and make it a Reusable Workflow Template. As found in some post, I did the following:

a) Put in an action set all actions of the list ^workflow

b) Exported as Snippets

c) Created a new Reusable Workflow template

d) Add the Snippets

Well, the point d) does not work. I can drag the action in the designer canvas but nothing happens. I have tried to 'simplify' the Snippet and put only really few actions but still nothing happens.

I don't know if the fact that I have still a trial version can have an impact. I need to complete the setup to show to the client the feasibility of the architecture.

I cannot neither see what is wrong, apparently this issue is not even logged. Anyone has an idea on that?

Thank you

Labels: (1)
0 Kudos
10 Replies
Not applicable

Re: Cannot add Snippets to Reusable Workflow Template

The trial version will not be the issue- it is a complete version of the product with only a limited time for use.

The issue could be with your browser.

If you are using Internet Explorer you could try switching to an older version mode by pressing F12 and selecting one of the previous versions such as IE9 in the window that it offers you.

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Hello Rob

thank you for the hint. I have tried with 3 browsers: IE, Chrome and Firefox. I had the same issue with all of three.

I have investigated a bit more and it looks like I cannot create snippets "cross workflow template". I am creating snippets in List Workflow template that I want to use in the SIte Collection Reusable template. I cannot even use these snippet in the same type of List workflow. In other words, when I create a snippet from a List Workflow, I cannot use it anywhere, not even in the same List Workflow.

On the other side, I can create a snippet in the Reusable Template and I can load successfully from it.

Note:

I am using IE11

0 Kudos
eharris04
Nintex Newbie

Angelo,

Was this ever resolved for you?

0 Kudos
Not applicable

I left the development in the List templates and move to develop only in the Reusable Template. Since them I did not use anymore List Templates.

0 Kudos
eharris04
Nintex Newbie

Angelo,

I hope that resolved your issue.  While I would say there are cases where you should use a List Template (not reusable), it depends on the need.  Can you mark this one as complete and the right answer so others will know. 

Thanks and keep contributing to the community.

0 Kudos
rm
Nintex Newbie

Hi Eric,

is this by design or is it solved in the current version of Nintex Workflow?

Thanks

Roman

0 Kudos
alexandredavid
Nintex Newbie

I am trying to split a big site collection reusable workflow into multiple ones (same Template). I want to move actions using snippet and I can't succeed to make it work ! The snippet is saved and visible but can't import it ...

What are exactly the usecases when it should work ?

Nintex should enhance their documentation about snippets.

0 Kudos
murphybp2
Nintex Newbie

Alexandre DAVID‌, See if this post helps you.  . 

0 Kudos
alexandredavid
Nintex Newbie

Thanks Brendan but I was in the same site.

0 Kudos