Date format issue

Badge +11

I'm having issues with a workflow while parsing csv file and setting a date variable. Even-though I get the error: Error: Coercion Failed: Unable to transform the input lookup data into the request and my workflow is cancelled, I can still parse values and create items in a different list .

My csv file contains a column that should reflect date: 2/20/2020 when parsing the value I store it in a single line of text variable(TextDate). From there I set a variable date&time(Date) to equal worflow data the above single line variable(TextDate).
From there I have a calculate date action. Date: WF Data (Date) and store date in another Date and time variable (Newdate). I create a record in another list and I'm able to create and pass the date value however my workflow gets cancelled and the set variable action is yellow. I have tried the convert value to date action however my date format is not always D/MM/YYYY as user has to input that data in the excel file. Question is what would be the best way to convert string to date value when parsing excel.

3 replies

Badge +8

Hi @Nunezma,

my date format is not always D/MM/YYYY as user has to input that data in the excel file

How would the workflow know what the correct date is then?

For example: is 01/02/2020 the first of february or the second of january?

I think you need to enforce a specific date format in your excel which you can then use in your workflow.

Badge +11

Thanks @Tarf , that works great , I didn't even think of data validation in Excel. I created a template for users to upload data. The simplest solution is the best.Thanks 

Badge +8

Hi @Nunezma,

I´m glad I could help. Please mark the post as solution so your post is marked as solved.

Have a great day