cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Nintex Newbie

Can you provision Office 365 user accounts (AD via DirSync), mailbox and OneDrive for Business?

Hello,

I have a client who is evaluating Nintex Workflows (Ent) and Forms (Standard) for on premises to do the following:

1.  Provision AD accounts that will create Office 365 accounts (they are using DirSync)

2.  Assign Office 365 license

3.  Provision an Exchange Online mailbox

4.  Provision a OneDrive for Business

I do see in Nintex Live that there is the option for #2 but none for the others.  I was looking for direction, recommendations, and/or suggestions if this can still be accomplish using web service call, PowerShell, etc.

Thanks in advance.

Labels: (3)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Automation Master
Automation Master

Re: Can you provision Office 365 user accounts (AD via DirSync), mailbox and OneDrive for Business?

Check out Nintex Workflow Help File Excerpts (look here for user guide content)​ and go to the O365 link.http://help.nintex.com/en-US/O365/Default.htm

From this link you can see all the actions for workflows in O365. I will highlight just a few here, there are several more in these categories.

Office 365 add user to group

Office 365 add user to security group

Office 365 assign license

Office 365 create user

Office 365 Query User Profile

Office 365 remove user from security group

Office 365 reset password

Office 365 retrieve license plans

Office 365 user access management

OneDrive delete file

OneDrive download file

OneDrive query files

OneDrive upload file

Exchange Online cancel calendar item

Exchange Online create calendar item

Exchange Online create task

Exchange Online delete task

Exchange Online get meeting suggestions

Exchange Online retrieve calendar items

Exchange Online retrieve tasks

Exchange Online update calendar item

Exchange Online update task

You can assign a license to a user today. I don't see a native action that creates a net new one drive, or exchange account though you can work within those created accounts. But that is what is here today. It takes a lot of permissions to provision those accounts. Maybe that is on the horizon though.

Highlighted
Automation Master
Automation Master

Re: Can you provision Office 365 user accounts (AD via DirSync), mailbox and OneDrive for Business?

Here is a strange idea. You can do this with PowerShell. So how do you interact with PowerShell? If you are Nintex On Premise then you can use a PowerShell action in a workflow to call a script that provisions these accounts.

If you are SharePoint Online, then a workflow can create a user record in a list based on approvals and other logic that would be within the workflow (creating email address, assign ID, assign manager, etc). Then a PowerShell script can run several times a day from a desktop/server, get the records that have not been processed from this list and then perform the provision process. Then update the record as complete so it is not performed again.