Error: Invalid postback or callback argument. Event validation is enabled using <pages enableEventValidation=\true\"/> in configuration or <%@ Page EnableEventValidation=\"true\" %> in a page"

• 2 January 2019
  • 5 replies

Badge +2

Can Anyone help me in above issue, when I am binding drop-downs dynamically and select some value then this error comes. If value is not selected from those DDLs then items save successfully.

5 replies

Badge +8

Hi Arjit,

This is because SP would consider that data as stale and assume it was modified. Any specific reason why you would want to add values dynamically? 

Cant those values be added before hand? There are some options which peeps have tried, you can search the forum to dynamically add values to drop down?

Regards,

Shrini

Badge +2

Okay, first of all Thanks Shrinivas for reply.

I have 2 drop-downs which are dynamically having values:

1. District - There is a user master list, every user is associated with some region, and region(Look Up field) contains Districts as multi look-up field. so let say if some user is associated with 2-3 district, so by lookup connection at Nintex form they are creating one drop down option for those multi lookup values. So due to get rid of this I used client side script to fill drop down.
  2. Manager - Another field is manager, for that if current log in user's designation is Manager from same user list, then we need to give options for same designation except current user in drop down, so that initiator can fill the manager for workflow.

I explained my problem statement here, do you think is there any other way to achieve this ?

Badge +8

Hi Arjit,

1. District - There is a user master list, every user is associated with some region, and region(Look Up field) contains Districts as multi look-up field. so let say if some user is associated with 2-3 district, so by lookup connection at Nintex form they are creating one drop down option for those multi lookup values. So due to get rid of this I used client side script to fill drop down.

I am not 100% sure I understood your question, did you try to use filter options etc when you bind any lookup controls? Based on the filter values (or currently selected region value we can only show the available districts)

1. Manager - Another field is manager, for that if current log in user's designation is Manager from same user list, then we need to give options for same designation except current user in drop down, so that initiator can fill the manager for workflow.

I think you are better off to just check this in validation and pop up an error message if the Manager is the same value as the employee, its probably much easier and you are not fiddling with the DOM and breaking the security for the loaded page?

Regards,

Shrini

Badge +2

I am not 100% sure I understood your question, did you try to use filter options etc when you bind any lookup controls? Based on the filter values (or currently selected region value we can only show the available districts

See I have a master list called users, where region(LookUp) and district(Multi LookUp) are selected, let say If any region has 5 district, but in users list only 2 district are come under him. So we need to display only these 2 district in drop down except all 5 district.

If I am getting that multi look up value from users list, that lookup value come as an entity rather than 2 different values.

that's why I chose JS code.

I think you are better off to just check this in validation and pop up an error message if the Manager is the same value as the employee, its probably much easier and you are not fiddling with the DOM and breaking the security for the loaded page?

I am thinking to go on this way. Thanks!

Badge +8

Hi Arjit,

See I have a master list called users, where region(LookUp) and district(Multi LookUp) are selected, let say If any region has 5 district, but in users list only 2 district are come under him. So we need to display only these 2 district in drop down except all 5 district.

If I am getting that multi look up value from users list, that lookup value come as an entity rather than 2 different values.

that's why I chose JS code.

You may want to check how to filter content (lookup control). I believe there are quite some clever ways where you can filter and only show content in the lookup depending on the filter values which are sourced from some other control.

if you search the forum for "lookup filtering" you may see quite a few scenarios which people have implemented.

In a gist your district lookup control can have a filter based on the value selected in the User control or region control.

hth,

Shrini