cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Can we show/hide panels on clicking Buttons in the Nintex forms?

Jump to solution

Is it possible to set Show/Hide rules on panels by clicking buttons rather than using Yes/No check boxes. Does this require using Javascript?

Please help me. Thank you

Labels: (3)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
8 Replies
fhunth
Nintex Newbie

Re: Can we show/hide panels on clicking Buttons in the Nintex forms?

Jump to solution

Yep, you need a script

Take a look at this >>> How to Show Panel on Button Click

0 Kudos
kkittinger
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

How to design a Multi-Step form with Nintex Forms for Office 365

This is the guild that I use on doing what I think your looking for you can also do it with like a tab function as well. If would like to see it in tab format let me know and I can give you that post as well.

Hope this helps

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Thank you very much for your time! I could implement the show/hide panels with the Next button.

However, I have a follow up doubt. I have 3 pages/steps in 1 list and the requirement is each page/step should have a SAVE button and user should be able to save each page separately. But with the current implementation, it's forcing the user to fill the mandatory details on all the 3 pages to save any one page. Has anyone have an idea about this issue? Request some guidance on this.

I truly appreciate your time.

0 Kudos
kkittinger
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

You can have the user save on each page but just adding a save button. Problem with this is that the save button mechanics that automatically come with Nintex is that once you hit the save button it will close the form.  I'm hoping that they fix this soon where you can have it not close on a save or have an autosave type function.  Past that you would have to make the button JavaScript and create your own JavaScript to write the data in the page back to the item.  I personally am still trying to find a better solution to the save button.  Also one thing i found out with buttons and moving between pages is that any calculation that you could be doing could come out wrong or change depending on what they are dependent on, hence why I went with more of a tab look for moving between pages.

If have any question feel free to ask.

Not applicable

Jump to solution

Hi, Ananya Narayanan​! If you found a solution, please select a "correct answer" from this thread. It's helpful to other members seeking correct answers. If you're still looking, feedback is always welcome. Thank you!

0 Kudos
clxwas3
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

1.add a button and set type is javascript.

2.set client click :showOrhide();

3.add function:

function showorhide()

{

NWF$('#'+clientID).toggle(); //clientID=panel ID

}

test ...

clxwas3
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

hello,

If you want to hide or show panel and you have to define a css for this panel.

e.g. : css class: panelonly

we to do it only for get this panel use js.

function showorhide()

{

NWF$('.panelonly').toggle();

}

2015-11-11_083915.jpg

0 Kudos
andrewg
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

You can use the same functionality in the How to Show Panel on Button Click‌ and use button by selecting the button to not cause validation. You can have a JavaScript button with any label you want, like "Save".

You can also use the CSS + Jquery method described by Shiyao Wang‌ in this post as well and have buttons that do not cause validation with labels of Save.

- More examples

0 Kudos