cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Can we associate Nintex Workflow to a specific Content Type ?

Jump to solution

Hi,

I was just wondering if we can associate a Nintex Workflow to a content type like we can do with SharePoint Workflows ?

This can avoid the extra efforts of re-applying the workflows in every library. Any change can we done at one place and will reflect across the lists/libraries where the Content Type is referred.

Thanks,

Nutan

Labels: (2)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Workflow Hero

Re: Can we associate Nintex Workflow to a specific Content Type ?

Jump to solution

Hi,

Please see below link for reference of re-usable workflow templates that can be associated with Content Type:

Best Practices for Reusable Workflow Templates

http://help.nintex.com/helpdwnlds/NintexWorkflow2010UserManual.html#Nintex.Workflow.ReusableWorkflow...

Is this what you are looking for?

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Thank You Kapil, I found the stuff while navigating toward Nintex UI in SharePoint site.  But I have a question regarding the child content types.

In case I create a Content Type and then created n number of Child Content Types inheriting from the Parent, if I associate the Workflow on Parent CT, will it also run on Child CT ?

I doubt on that. Not sure if someone has checked this scenario.

Thanks,

Nutan

0 Kudos
Workflow Hero

Jump to solution

Hi Nutan Sharma ,

It would behave the same way as SPD workflow. If you have the parent content type and added a workflow to it, then in the Content Type Settings > Workflow Settings > enable this option: Add this workflow to all content types that inherit from this content type?

When you create the child content type, the Nintex workflow will come attached to it. Hope this helps.

*And I have tested this scenario.

0 Kudos
Workflow Hero

Jump to solution

Can anyone share code on how below can be done programmatically in C# or powershell?

1. Add existing Nintex workflow to Content Type.

2. Associate Nintex Form to Content Type

Thanks in Advance

0 Kudos
Workflow Hero

Jump to solution

Hi

I am trying to associated 'Nintex Workflow' to a contenty type using 'Workflow Settings' option its showing all desinger workflow not Nintex workflow

0 Kudos