Re-attach a View without losing Rules?

• 22 March 2016
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +16

I'm troubleshooting an upgrade issue where no values are getting passed from views to the main form.

Does anyone know of a way to detach and reattach a View to a form without losing any of the associated rules?

3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +9

Hello,

If all of these rules for the view being removed are on the form level then there is no way to detach the rule and then add it back AND have it function properly. When you delete the view on the form it is going to go through and eliminate any rules generated when adding the form, most likely an initialize rule for that specific view on when the form initializes. Now, some rules may stick around but they won't have any of the mappings for the view that was deleted. So most likely removing then readding the view is going to cause some issues when you attach it again. You will need to make sure there are no orphaned rules sitting around that reference the view from before being deleted.

Any rules that are set on the form will of course not be harmed when deleting the view from the form.

That being said, can you explain the issue you are having with passing values from a view to a form? Some further information may help us here on the community figure out a solution for you.

Thanks,

Evan

Userlevel 3
Badge +16

Evan,

The upgrade has screwed up all forms which had views which had Rules (on the form level) to do things like transfer data and expressions.

So for example on a View, I have a text box and set it say Hello (using an expression) and when i run the View seperately it works.

However that View is attached to a Form. I have a form rule which TRANSFERS DATA from that View Text box value to a Text box on the Form.

When i then run the Form, nothing is being transferred at all.... If i then detach the View from the Form and re-attach it, everything works as it should.

It's like the upgrade has severed the connection between the form and any attached views.

That is why i am asking, because i have lots of forms which now don't work as they did and I can't detach views, otherwise I will have to re-do all my Rules again after re-attaching. Plus these are Live forms, so i am getting some real stick at the moment.

Thanks

Userlevel 2
Badge +9

Hello again,

What version of Smartforms were we on before the upgrade and what version did we upgrade to?

Did we encounter any issues while doing the upgrade? 

Thanks,

Evan