K2 Studio error opening existing process after upgrade

• 10 November 2010
  • 7 replies
  • 1 view

Badge +1

Recently upgraded K2 studio to v 4.5 (4.10060.1.1170), in trying to open a project I had no trouble working on prior to the upgrade, it throws the error:

"SourceCode.Hosting.Exceptions.AuthenticationException: Open Failed : Open may only be called on a primary login"

I am a local admin on the machine so unsure what sort of permission issue is happening.  Has anyone else experienced anything similar?

Complete Stacktrace:

************** Exception Text **************
SourceCode.Hosting.Exceptions.AuthenticationException: Open Failed : Open may only be called on a primary login
   at SourceCode.EnvironmentSettings.Client.EnvironmentSettingsManager.InitializeSettingsManager(Boolean connectToServer)
   at SourceCode.Workflow.Design.Mail.MailEventItem.GetEnvironmentSmartObjectServer(IServiceProvider provider)
   at SourceCode.Workflow.Design.Mail.MailEventItem.get_Server()
   at SourceCode.Workflow.Design.Mail.MailEventItem.PrepareConfigurationForBuild()
   at SourceCode.Workflow.Authoring.ExecutableItem.SourceCode.Workflow.Authoring.IExtenderConfigProvider.PrepareConfigurationForBuild()
   at SourceCode.Workflow.Authoring.Design.Serialization.ExecutableItemCodeGenerator.ExtenderCodeGenerator.Generate(CodeTypeDeclarationCollection types, GenerationOptions options)
   at SourceCode.Workflow.Authoring.Design.Serialization.ExecutableItemCodeGenerator.Generate(CodeTypeDeclarationCollection types, GenerationOptions options)
   at SourceCode.Workflow.Authoring.ExecutableItem.Generate(CodeTypeDeclarationCollection types, GenerationOptions options)
   at SourceCode.Workflow.Authoring.Design.Serialization.ProcessCodeGenerator.Generate(GenerationOptions options)
   at SourceCode.Workflow.Authoring.Process.OnLoad(ISerializationInfo content)
   at SourceCode.Framework.SerializationInfo2.Load(PersistableObject instance, XmlReader reader)
   at SourceCode.Framework.SerializationInfoProvider.Load(PersistableObject instance, XmlReader reader)
   at SourceCode.Framework.SerializationInfoProvider.Load(XmlReader reader)
   at SourceCode.Framework.SerializationInfoProvider.Load(TextReader reader)
   at SourceCode.ProjectSystem.ProjectFile.Open(TextReader reader)
   at SourceCode.ProjectSystem.ProjectFile.Open(Boolean showDesigner)
   at SourceCode.ProjectSystem.ProjectFile.Open()
   at SourceCode.K2Studio.Processes.KprxFileType.Create(Project project, ProjectFile projectfile)
   at SourceCode.K2Studio.Processes.KprxFileTypeHandler.OpenProjectItem(ProjectFile projectFile)
   at SourceCode.K2Studio.K2Studio.ActivateProjectItem(Object sender, TreeNode iNode, IPlugin plugin)
   at SourceCode.K2Studio.K2Studio.ApplicationManager_ItemCreated(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at SourceCode.K2Studio.K2ApplicationManager.Open(String Path)
   at SourceCode.K2Studio.K2Studio.RecentMenuItem_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at ComponentFactory.Krypton.Ribbon.KryptonRibbonRecentDoc.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at ComponentFactory.Krypton.Ribbon.KryptonRibbonRecentDoc.PerformClick()
   at ga.g()
   at ga.a(Control A_0, Point A_1, MouseButtons A_2)
   at ComponentFactory.Krypton.Toolkit.ViewBase.MouseUp(Point pt, MouseButtons button)
   at ComponentFactory.Krypton.Toolkit.ViewBase.MouseUp(Point pt, MouseButtons button)
   at ComponentFactory.Krypton.Toolkit.ViewManager.MouseUp(MouseEventArgs e, Point rawPt)
   at ComponentFactory.Krypton.Toolkit.VisualPopup.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ContainerControl.WndProc(Message& m)
   at ComponentFactory.Krypton.Toolkit.VisualPopup.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

7 replies

Badge +5

Hi,

Please verify if the correct servername is specified for the ’UserbrowserServer’ key in ConfigurationManager.config (now) located in ’Documents & SettingsAll UsersApplication DataSourceCode’ (NOTE: In vista/2008 the config file is in "ProgramDataSourceCode") 

Let me know.

Regards,
Frikkie!

Badge +3

Hi,

Can you please make sure that the connection strings are configured and pointing to the right K2 Server?

Should be something similar to ’Integrated=True;IsPrimaryLogin=True;Authenticate=True;EncryptedPassword=False;Host=ServerName;Port=5555’

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Coenie

Badge +1

Thanks for the reply.  The UserbrowserServer key is set to:  [K2HOSTCONNECTIONSTRING]

Unable to find where this value is defined.

Badge +1

Where can I find the ConnectionString settings? 

There is a single ConnectionString in the configurationmanager.config with a value "[;];Authentication=Windows;"

Is there another location you were refering to or have we found the culprit?

Badge +5

Hi,

Please change the UserBrowserServer key value to value="Integrated=True;IsPrimaryLogin=True;EncryptedPassword=False;Host=[yourservername];Port=5555"  and try again.

Regards,
Frikkie!!

Badge +5

Please do not change the connection string value in the Conconfigurationmanager.config with a value "[;];Authentication=Windows;".

Badge +1

Thanks for the information and help.  That corrected the issue enough to get a different error.  I started looking through the configuration file (of which I did not know its location prior to the help on this thread) and it contained several other generic tokens for just about every server.  It seems my upgrade was flawed in that it did not properly carry over my existing settings for some reason.

After realizing the task was quite large to repair it, and not knowing what other issues there might have been.  I wiped out the install and started over fresh.  That seemed to do the trick.  Thank you for all your help and time on this matter.