Radio Button, Comments and Form based inputs in Nintex Workflow Cloud

Badge +1

1832i028490039B3F3AE4.png

I have made a sample workflow on Nintex workflow cloud. I wanty to add radio buttons in email for approval purpose instead of text? would that be possible or we need to use Nintex Sharepoint? Also We want to add comments while approving or rejecting and based on feedback/comments, next approver or assigneee need to check the comments on email and perform action accordingly. Also is there any option available to create a form on email so user could fill it and Approver could check the details and extend approval accordingly? 

We are evaluating Nintex Workflow to make such kind of autmated workflow process. Any help in this regard will be highly appreciated.  

2 replies

Badge +17

To answer your question regarding radio buttons in email - no this is not possible out of the box with most automation tools, not even Nintex.

You can use the task action and have the user reply to a task via email and that response will count as part of the information to keep the workflow going. You can also capture the comments of a task if you wanted to say capture why they approved or rejected something. This is built in and part of the task action, just look at output options at the bottom of the action. 

Regarding creating a form via email that the user can interact with, this is also part of the task actions, so take a look at that and see if it addresses everything you were looking for. 

Badge +1

Hi Harris,

The information you shared was very helpful. We have created a Form based action for sample purpose to explore this feature. When we execute the workflow, the form action stays in loading state and not showing rather showing any output success/failure in instance activities for this step.

PFA screenshot for reference where form stays in loading state when we click on it's link received via email. Alos attaching the screenshot of created form. 2117iD61AD99601556803.png2118i61A326A8E7D083C2.pngYour assiatnce in this regard will be highly appreciated. TIA