IPC access to running child processes

• 8 September 2008
  • 3 replies
  • 1 view

Badge +5

Hello

I have a parent process which starts several child processes, now i want to connect from the parent process to the child process to set a client-activity to complete. I have the process-ID from the child process but i don't find a way to connect to the child-process.

I tried this two apis but it doesn't works:

SourceCode.Workflow.Management Namespace : ProcessInstances

SourceCode.Workflow.Client.

ProcessInstance

have someone a idea how i can do this? 

Thanks

3 replies

Badge +5

I get a littel bit closer, but i don't found a solution, with the SourceCode.Workflow.Client API i must logon with the current User to see the worklist items, but then i can complete a action. With the other API i cann see all open worklist items but i'm not abel to do any actions. Is there a solution without log in with the current user?

btw, i used the examples in the developer referenc to try it.

Badge +5

That did it:

To access the worklist of a user other than the one you used to connect to the server, use the ImpersonateUser method of the Connection class. This is useful when you do not know the password for a user. The account used to connect to the server must have Impersonate rights in order for this method to succeed, and the RevertUser method of the Connection class should be called to reset the connection to the original user.

Badge +2

SourceCode.Workflow.Client API i must logon with the current User to see the worklist items, but then i can complete a action. With the other API i cann see all open worklist items but i'm not abel to do any actions. Is there a solution without log in with the current user?

Hi I have the same problem....I  need Actions for any user...like urs u mentioned..

I can use Impersonate concept because it Impersonate only a User and can't Impersonate a Role or group of users...Please let me know  how you solved the issue or if any work arounds for that...