List Item ID

• 19 March 2009
  • 3 replies

Badge +1

Hi

in Sharepoint List Items event when i use create new list item,it requests a list item id on list selection screen.I'm not able to add process unique name,id or any instance id to that field.

Which field can i use from context browser to assign a unique value to list item id field. Because i'll need it when i also try to delete it later.

thanks

3 replies

Badge +10

I don't have blackpoint open in front of me but when creating a List Item SharePoint will automatically create the ListID (an incrementing integer value) so you can't provide your own.  However, that entry allows you to add a datafield or xmlfield that will allow you to save the created ListID so that you can reference it later.  Make sure you check the Add item to this process field.

Hope this helps, Tim

Badge +1

Thanks Tim,but how will i get inserted item's id at that time ? from context browser ? or should i integrate it with smartobject ?

I'm using infopath doc and my aim is to insert some fields of infopath to a list item at approval steps and after process finishes,we can say a process rejected and then

i want to delete that item from the list.

Badge +5
I was just about to post a similar question, and thought I had found a bug - but had not. I wrote a blog post to remind myself in future - http://www.bagofspanners.com/2009/03/19/capturing-listitem-information-in-k2-blackpoint/