cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Can NINTEX workflow read an email body from a email enabled document library ?

Jump to solution

Hi there,

I have a document library which will have emails coming in with information I need in the body.

Is there a way that NINTEX can parse the email that arrives and pick out the information ?

Thanks, Jason

Labels: (2)
0 Kudos
6 Replies
Not applicable

Re: Can NINTEX workflow read an email body from a email enabled document library ?

Jump to solution

I use the Query XML action and save the contents to a Multi String variable. From there I use RegEx actions to parse out the information. what are you looking to do I could help you if you still require it.

jasondurr
Nintex Newbie

Re: Can NINTEX workflow read an email body from a email enabled document library ?

Jump to solution

Hi,

Working on a similar scenario. We have an email sent to an email enabled library with the body of the email containing the information we need. I assume the workflow would trigger on the library but when you use the Query XML action, how do you reference the actual contents of the body, specifically? 

andreapasutti
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

Hello. I have the same question. I was wondering if you could expand on your answer and explain in a little more detail. I'm having trouble finding any help on this specific subject.

0 Kudos
nutenbary
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

I'm sure this has probably been resolved by now. But just in case, I used RegEx to find the core info of the email from the XML. The pattern below finds the header that begins an outlook email in xml and pulls every line until "--" which ends the outlook xml body content. Email Body RegEx.PNG

0 Kudos
nutenbary
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

also found out that the "Announcement" content type will pull information from emails for you also so a workflow control isn't needed. 

0 Kudos
bstubbs
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

How is this the solution? @jasondurr 

0 Kudos