cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Not applicable

Can I update item when approval is running?

Hi folks,

A question, just for sure.

It is about a Nintex 2013 workflow which is requesting approval from two or more approvers.

Customer case:

If Approver 1 has approved/rejected, then this updated in the list-item. Approver 2 can see in the list that Approver 1 has rejected/approved.

I don't think it is possible, but does anybody know this case and how to solve this?

Thanks!

Martien

Labels: (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Not applicable

Re: Can I update item when approval is running?

Hi Martein,

The workflow completion is not required for the item updation in SharePoint. Every time workflow encounters an action which commands to update the item, it updates the item(sometimes not instantaneously). So the answer to your question is yes, it is quite possible that Approver 2 to see the response of Approver 1 in the list while the workflow is still in progress.

I hope it helps.

All the best.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Not applicable

Ratnesh, thanks for your answer.

Is it possible that Approver2 will get an updated task, when Approver1 has approved his/her task?  So that Approver2 will get an updated task with the answer of Approver1?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Not applicable

Approver 2 form will fetch the values form the list at the time of loading. So yes obviously he will get the updated values as the list is updated before he is opening the form.

0 Kudos