build variable approvers from infopath forms?

• 3 December 2015
  • 2 replies
  • 1 view

Badge +1

Greetings,

Nintex 2010, SharePoint 2010, and InfoPath 2010 browser form.

I have a requirement to send out a variable number of approval requests based on an InfoPath form.

I am building the form so that the user can add as many or as few approvers as needed depending on the specific request. What I am trying to figure out is how to get the workflow to query the InfoPath from, grab the list of approvers, and then send out a sequential (preferably within a state machine) set of approvals. Is this possible and if so can someone provide some guidance on how to accomplish this?

Thanks

Kevin D

SharePoint Administrator

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

This is my approach, although you have many ways to do it.

Add field on your Infopath form named "myApprovers" where you will set the approvers separated by ;

Then when you publish your Infopath form, set "myApprovers" to be mapped to the Sharepoint Forms Library, so you will see a new column on your library.

Then that new column named "myApprovers" will be available on your Nintex workflow.

That information could be used on a Flexi task , generating a task for all your approvers.

If you need to process each approver individually you could set them on a collection >>> Regular Expressions in Nintex Workflow

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Fernando, could you do this with a People Picker field on the item instead(allow multiple) ? then for each on the collection of the users?