cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Not applicable

Can I set a generic Due Date within 'To-Do-Task'. I have numerous tasks within my workflow and want to set the due date to be '7 days after Start Date' rather than a specific date. Is this possible?

Basically I have 5 tasks within my workflow:

Task 1 - Estimated Time 1 week

Task 2 - Estimated Time 1 week

Task 3 - Estimated Time 2 weeks

Task 4 - Estimated Time 2 weeks

Task 5 - Estimated Time 2 weeks

I want to set these time frames around the Tasks so that whenever the task is started it will automatically generate the due date from these time frames. Is this possible? I

Labels: (2)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Automation Master
Automation Master

Re: Can I set a generic Due Date within 'To-Do-Task'. I have numerous tasks within my workflow and want to set the due date to be '7 days after Start Date' rather than a specific date. Is this possible?

Hello,

It should be possible, simply do a date calculation inside of the workflow and store that into a variable.  Then use the variable to set your Tasks due date.

Thanks,

Mike

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Re: Can I set a generic Due Date within 'To-Do-Task'. I have numerous tasks within my workflow and want to set the due date to be '7 days after Start Date' rather than a specific date. Is this possible?

Thanks for the quick response.

For the calculation do you suggest a 'math operation' action or a 'calculate date' action?

0 Kudos
Automation Master
Automation Master

I think the Calculate Date would do just fine in this case, as it has a lot of the plumbing built into it to do just what you need.

0 Kudos