cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Can I send a list to a network printer using just a workflow (so it happens automatically)??

I have a input form created in SharePoint 2010 and Nintex Workflow enabled.  I am building a workflow to send notifications to specific users based on certain criteria.

I am wondering if it is also possible to send the list or specific items on the list to be printed on a network printer?

Thanks,

Robb

Labels: (2)
4 Replies
Not applicable

Re: Can I send a list to a network printer using just a workflow (so it happens automatically)??

This requirement sounds like a challenge / funSmiley Happy.

My approach would be to generate some sort of a document like a word document with your list items inside, output this to a document library and then either develop a web service which allows printing or find out if you have any existing printers which support printing via a web service so you can just effectively send the document/s to the printer using the "Call a web service" method inside Nintex Workflow.

There may be other ways to achieve this.

Accept as Solution Reply
Workflow Hero

Re: Can I send a list to a network printer using just a workflow (so it happens automatically)??

Web service may not be used for printing.

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Workflow Hero

I have the exact same situation. I want something to print to a network printer 'on submit'. 

Would love to see some brilliant minds figure this out!

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Workflow Hero

Anthony Pearson

You can execute powershell script with the help of workflow action:

NTX PowerShell Action - Stable Release 

Now only thing will be to figure out script for sending the current document to printer with powershell. 

Using PowerShell to print pdf files automatically | Greg's Blog 

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply