cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sshaffer
Nintex Newbie

Can I copy the value of a person field from 1 list to another and show name?

Jump to solution

What is the best way top copy the value of a person field from one list to another?  I am trying to pick up the owner of a business unit from one list and copy it into the owner field of a request list.  However, the value shows different.

I have a look up table called Business Units. Each Business Unit has an OI Owner - type person (1st image below).

I query the table with a filter on the Business Unit and assign the OI Owner to a variable called perOwner (type of person)

Then, I use  the Update item action to update "OI Owner" from perOwner variable.  The problem is that the person's Name does not display in "OI Owner", but instead i:0#.w\xxxx\ag1r  which is some sort of internal ID for the person.  How can I get the person's name to show up in the second list?

Is there a better way to do this?

The OI Owner name from this list:

Shows up like this:

Labels: (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Automation Master
Automation Master

Re: Can I copy the value of a person field from 1 list to another and show name?

Jump to solution

can you check configuration of "OI Owner" field in target list?

isn't it configured to show user's account instead of usual "Name and presence"

0 Kudos
Highlighted
sshaffer
Nintex Newbie

Re: Can I copy the value of a person field from 1 list to another and show name?

Jump to solution

Ha - you are right.  Well, actually, you had me look at the target field type and it was not set to a person.  (I inherited the list and assumed the field would have been a person.)  Thanks for your help.