cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Not applicable

Can I automate the process of enabling incoming email within a sharepoint document library using nintex workflow?

Hi,

I have a nintex workflow that creates SharePoint 2013 sub sites. However, within this sub site I want to automatically enable versioning and incoming email on a document library, the email address to configure for incoming email will be: <sub site name>@abc.com. I was hoping to use a web service (create list) to achieve this as I thought nintex workflow would be able to achieve everything that is achievable through the SharePoint user interface when creating/configuring a list, is this the case? Will I be able to achieve the above? The write to active directory for the email address contact will already be configured within the on-premise CA so this side of the configuration should not be an issue.

Thanks.

Labels: (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Automation Master
Automation Master

Re: Can I automate the process of enabling incoming email within a sharepoint document library using nintex workflow?

What you need to achieve sounds like a great fully automated provisioning process. But some of those activities are even outside the bounds of webservices. Such as modifying advanced settings for lists. See Lists Methods (Lists) for available list methods. What you could do is use a site template with a list with some of these list settings set. But in more advanced cases you can set this with PowerShell and use various methods to trigger the script.

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Re: Can I automate the process of enabling incoming email within a sharepoint document library using nintex workflow?

Thanks for your reply Andrew.

I will be using nintex workflow to create the site from a template in the first instance so this may be the best solution, although it is limited - unless I can automate the process of creating the document library's incoming email address from the dynamic site name some how? Can nintex workflow trigger a powershell script on item created?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Automation Master
Automation Master

Nintex can't call powershell with any of its built in actions, but here is a post that mentions a third party product: https://community.nintex.com/thread/1176

0 Kudos
Automation Master
Automation Master

If you can't install a 3rd party solution, or create your own event receiver, you could either create a task for an admin to complete the step, or create a scheduled windows task that runs a PowerShell script. The script can query newly created sites, set the library address. If you have the query set appropriately, you can have the schedule to run more than once a day so you wouldn't have but a few hours or one hour in waiting for a site to be ready.

0 Kudos